Friday, November 28, 2008
Thanksgiving
So this year we had Thanksgiving with just the two of us... I know... quite sad!! :( However, knowing this in advance, we decided to make it as wonderful as possible! It's a crazy time of year with both of us working retail! I worked until 1am Thanksgiving day getting the store ready for the day after. Phil worked Thanksgiving from 9-5, and I had to be at work this morning at 2:30am!! (and believe it or not.. there were customers that beat me there!!!:))So, we had a Thanksgiving supper! This worked out good, because I got to sleep in before making the deliciousness! The one food that makes Thanksgiving for me is my mom's stuffing, and for Phil it's sweet potatoe casserole. So, along with duck,that's what I made! I got my mom's recipe and it was great stuffing.. not quite as A++++ as my mom's... I think because it was missing the ingredient of "love" which she throws in! haha! :D Also made sweet potato casserole... and had Dutch apple pie for dessert. It was a delicious meal, if I do say so myself, and we had a wonderful evening!! Hopefully next year we'll be able to spend it with family! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Awww, we missed seeing your smiling faces and sweet little Finn. Looks like you had a good Thanksgiving.
Looks like you had a lovely Thanksgiving dinner, and good for you for making the best out of your "lonely" holiday... I probably would have been too depressed to bother cooking!
Dad and I finally had a chance to look at your blog. We had a crazy weekend and we all went to a singout for barbershop tonight. Check out Dad's photos on facebook. The meal looked absolutely scrumptious. Very romantic and very tasty...and Finn looked downright pathetic. You have to send him upstairs so he learns not to beg. LOL
Your dinner looked so yummy it made my stomach growl (although these days that doesn't take much)! Really, it did look absolutely delicious!
I visited your store in Point and found some great deals, but then the lady in line in front of us had been there 45 minutes and we were still in the back of the store. The deal wasn't enough for me to wait that long :) Retail would definitely not be the place I'd want to work on Black Friday. It was nuts and we even 'slept in' until 5 and didn't get to the stores until 6!
Hey, I am looking forward to seeing some pics of your time at Christmas and with the family.
Post a Comment