Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Snowshoes and Tommyknockers
Yesterday we went snowshoeing for the first time! We again went to Summit County, where the great snow is... and with snowshoes we were able to go off the beaten path! I'm a fan! Total we went about 7 miles, so were gone most of the day! After working up an appetite we topped our day off at a highly recommended local restaurant in Idaho Springs called Tommyknockers, which not only had great food, but also had a little mining fokelore as well! Click on the Tommyknocker logo for a fokelore lesson :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Looks like Finn was begging for a pair of snowshoes. I makes winter a lot more fun when one has the gear to be out in it. It also helps when it isn't -25. Our weather is nice now but it is supposed to be bitter cold by the weekend again. I'm thinking of Bonnie and the girls. This is a tough winter to be moving to the midwest from California.
Poor fin, he says, "Where's my snowshoes. :(
Autumn! I was so excited to see you have a blog. What beautiful pictures. Looks like you two and Finn are really enjoying CO. Did you know that Becca is out there? She lives in Colorado Springs I believe.
Post a Comment