Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Packing... again! :)



So, we've been married a little over three years, we've moved twice since we've been married... seeing as we've known we were never going to stay in one area long we've made a conscientious effort NOT to accumulate things!!! We're moving out of our apartment Thursday and hadn't really done much packing because "we don't have much stuff." I've been packing all afternoon -- with a few much needed breaks -- and I cannot believe how many boxes we have from our little apartment!! It's ridiculous.. (and mind you I'm STILL packing)!! :) And if you know me, you know how much I like throwing away things, so to have this much stuff and still be able to throw away 4+ garbage bags of things boggles my mind. My theory in cleaning and packing is: if it's on the floor it's not very important, and if it hasn't been used in the last year it probably won't be in the future either!! Thus far I haven't missed anything I've thrown out :D haha!


On another note, Phil's transfer went through no problem also!! He will actually be starting out there 9/5.. so we'll have to cruise out there! He will be working at a store in Golden, which looks to be a great area! We couldn't have asked for it to work out better!!! It's right on the edge of civilization, meaning that it's easy to get away! We will probably try to live somewhere nearby! We have YET to even worry about where we're going to live when we get out there... that will be next weeks project! Haha! One step at a time! :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Autumn - I found your blog too :) Golden CO sounds awesome. We're actually headed to Denver in October for our first child-less vacation! I can hardly wait! We have a lot of friends around Denver and then we're flying to LA to go to a college friend's wedding in Annahiem Hills, CA.

I hope your move goes smooth and I can't believe you have no idea where you are going to live!!! That is nuts! I could never do that!

I definitely need some of your cleaning/packing motto. We're about to buy a house finally and this will be our 4 move in 5 years of marriage and Jacob would love if I'd get rid of some of our stuff! Last time we had to rent the big UHaul - this time I guess it'll be multiple trips with the big UHaul!!

Diane T. said...

Apparently your brother, Beau is trying to emulate your method of cleaning. Drives me nuts. I ask him to sweep floor this morning and I found two perfectly good socks in the garbage along with a couple good pens. :)

Dale said...

Hey Autumn, I remember your cleaning days :) Mom would say to me "Where did this or that go" and I would have to say "Did Autumn clean?" Check the closet but don"t open the door too fast!" LOL I don"t envy your move, but that is 14 moves in the first 5 years! I know your pain. Let's just call it mixed emotions eh?

Dale said...

14 moves for us, but been here 18 years in one place which has been awesome. Like mom sez"You van finally say that you enjoy home, as I grew up a rolling syone, eh?

Dale said...

I can not spell either, must start over. 14 moves for us. After 18 years here I can say there is no place like home!

The J's said...

Hey there- Cute blog page!!
Congrats on the move! When you're kid-less you can do things like move with no idea where you're going to live. I can remember doing that...ONCE!
Wish I had a little more of your cleaning/packing talents...I'm a pack rat, and it's terrible for cleaning let alone moving!!

Jim Weeda said...

WOOHOO! We are so excited for you! (and us too)

Jeff & Aleigh said...

Please comment on my blog with your email so that I can add you as a blog reader!! :o) The comments are locked right now so only I can see the address. THANKS!

Burchibunch said...

Good Luck with you move!